Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Saturday, October 22, 2011

The latest news

Still trying to blog more than I have in the past couple months. Last week was a busy one. I have begun seeing 2 new doctors, a neurologist and a neurourologist, to see if there is something more that can be done for this neuropathy in my feet and calves as well as some other related medical issues I have been experiencing. That has resulted in a number of additional medical tests which take a lot of time, especially since Terri and I have to travel downtown for the tests. The good news is that I am still leading a fairly normal life even though there has been little change in the neuropathy. The neurologist overseeing my EMG test last Wednesday found the results interesting ( a term I have found I don't like to hear in medical testing) because he had rarely if ever seen a case like mine in which the feeling ends abruptly below my knee rather than ending more gradually. He will discuss with my neurologist to see what, if anything, can be done. The key words here are if anything as there are many cases of neuropathy that cannot be treated and do not recover. Please continue to pray that this is not the case. In the meantime I continue with physical therapy to compensate for the neuropathy and do fairly well in getting around with and without my cane. Terri and I try to get away to Michigan most weekends to enjoy the beautiful fall color and cooler weather. It's great to be able to get away and decompress. The best news remains that, as far as the cancer, I am in complete remission. The other great news is that Terri and I will be babysitting for Anna next week while her mom Katie, our daughter-in-law, will be at a conference in the Chicago area. Andrew will be down for a few days and Elizabeth will come over to help out so we are looking to having lots of fun.

1 comment: