Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Saturday, April 28, 2012

Medical update

Just to let you know that I recovered from my fall quite quickly and am back to walking without my cane again. Leg braces only! Looking to get together with my physical therapist for a follow-up evaluation to assess my gait (walk) and lower back to see that all is ok. It's been quite a long but successful trip since I was released from the Rehabilitation Institute just a little over a year ago.

In the meantime I have begun taking the medication to keep my cancer in remission. Unfortunately a couple of the side effects are neuropathy and blurred vision, both of which have been affecting me to a greater extent lately. So I've had to get a new prescription for my eyeglasses and have been dealing with more tingling and pain in my feet and calves. It's more disappointing than anything else since I had been making such great progress in controlling my neuropathy. I hope the impact will be minimal so that I can continue living my life as I have over the past couple months without increasing any of my pain medications which have their own set of side effects. And side effects of any kind can be a real pain! Wish me luck or say a little prayer that the effects will be minimal. Cheers!

1 comment:

  1. Standing with you in hope and prayer Bob. So glad you were able to shed the cane. Must have been encouraging to be able to do that.

    ReplyDelete