Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Big Day: Testing

Tomorrow I have what the doctors call my restaging tests. They will run all day from approximately 8:45 AM until 5:45 PM and will determine how successful my stem cell transplant has been in controlling the multiple myeloma. The tests include a couple lengthy ones including an hour and a half MRI and a 2 hour PET scan which is similar to an MRI. Fortunately one is in the morning and the other late in the afternoon.
As you can probably guess, I am a little anxious about these tests for a number of reasons and would appreciate your prayers for patience and calm as I undergo the tests and for successful results which indicate that the cancer has gone into remission. There is a 50/50 chance for that to happen. Terri and I will continue to wait through the Christmas season as I will not know the complete test results until early January. As a friend pointed out, I guess we will certainly understand the meaning of the Advent season this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment