Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Great Holiday

It was great to have all of the kids in town for the holiday. Grandmor Terri and Grandpa Bob especially enjoyed spending time with our granddaughter Anna. She is such a sweetie. Thursday night was Terri's school retirement dinner. It was held at a local restaurant. The food was delicious and it was wonderful to see Terri honored by her colleagues for the excellent work she has done as a teacher.

On Saturday we headed for our lake house. Although it rained most of Saturday and Sunday, we still found lots of things to do. Had a great meal Saturday night at the family summer house with the family members who were up for the holiday. On Sunday we celebrated my son-in-law Mike's birthday with a delicious meal from the grill. We were very happy that Pastor Kyle, our local pastor, could join us. I was deemed grillmaster for the night. It was tiring, but great to be back in the swing of things. Of course, I had a couple of assistants who kept an eye on me and helped me out. Monday it turned very hot and while I would have liked to get out and enjoy the day, I was very tired and relaxed inside. Elizabeth and I played some Wii games which was great therapy for my balance, endurance, and coordination. All in all, a fabulous time was had by all over the holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment