Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Friday, July 22, 2011

Another Milestone

Finished my day rehab therapy today. It was three months of hard work, but I am very happy with the results. I went from sitting in a wheelchair with short walks with my walker to walking unaided in my braces. In fact today I walked 1408 steps in 6 minutes. My progress is all thanks to the excellent therapists I had at RIC/Northshore. They pushed me hard and kept the workouts interesting in a manner that made it enjoyable at the same time. They were able to come up with work arounds for the neuropathy (tingling, numbness and pain) in my feet so I am able to walk in the braces.

Now the next step is to hope and pray that my feet do heal so that I can complete my therapy and build up the strength in them to walk without my braces. To that end I will have an EMG next week to assess the nerve damage in my feet. In the meantime I will continue physical therapy for two hours a week as an out patient and implement an exercise program to avoid losing any ground. I also have a meeting next week to assess whether I will be able to drive with the use of hand controls. I'll keep you posted on how that goes.

Please continue to pray that the neuropathy in my feet is healed so that I will truly be able to walk again.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment