Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Saturday, August 27, 2011

One Year Anniversary

It's been one year since I got the news about a tumor on my spine that required an immediate operation and resulted in my diagnosis of multiple myeloma. And what a year it has been! Fortunately I had the greatest surgeons and doctors who not only operated at the highest skill level but also had bedside manners that helped to carry me through this difficult time. And the majority of nurses and therapists were outstanding both in skill and manner as well. That technical care and skill was critical to the recovery which I have made so far. But I cannot forget the tremendous support I have received from Terri, Elizabeth, Andrew, Michael, and Katie and my siblings and their families, our pastors, chaplains, and countless friends, church members, and even strangers who helped us all in so many ways, including their well wishes and prayers. I am here today by the grace of God in response to the care and concern of so many people and for that Terri and I are most grateful.

Terri and I did not realize it at the time, but we chose this week to spend in Michigan with the family. What a wonderful time we have had, especially sharing the beauties of Michigan with little Anna! The weather could not have been better. Sunny blue skies, warm--not hot--days, cool nights, and warm water for swimming. The sunsets have been spectacular. Elizabeth and Michael even sang in church last Sunday. What better way to celebrate how far I have come!

Just a reminder that the 3K walk/run for MMRF (Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation) is October 2. If you live in the Chicago area, please plan on joining us for a good time on what hopefully will be a beautiful fall day. If you don't live in the Chicago area, we would appreciate a donation to the cause. MMRF has made great strides in the treatment of multiple myeloma over the past 10 years. Whether you are participating in the walk, want to come down to cheer us on, or are interested in making a donation, please go to our team's website Bob's Your Uncle at  http://support.themmrf.org/goto/bobsyouruncle
We'd love to hear from you.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment