Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Thursday, January 26, 2012

A Great Accomplishment!

Just received this news from the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF) which we have been supporting so vigorously over the past year. If I read it correctly, patients with multiple myeloma will be able to inject the drug themselves rather than having it done intravenously and that the possibility of peripheral neuropathy (from which I suffer in my legs) is less likely to occur. While I do not know if my neuropathy was caused by my chemotherapy treatments, my prolonged time in the ICU, or both, this is certainly good news possibly for me but certainly for all newly diagnosed patients.
 
The MMRF is pleased to announce that the FDA approved the subcutaneous administration of Velcade, one of the most important and effective treatments available for multiple myeloma. A large, international clinical trial found that the subcutaneous administration was comparable in terms of effectiveness to the standard IV administration, but importantly, was associated with a significantly lower incidence of peripheral neuropathy.
The MMRF applauds Millennium for bringing this new form of Velcade to patients and all of the clinicians and patients who participated in the clinical trial.

Thanks so much to those of you who supported our efforts to raise monies for MMRF. This is a tangible result of that support to bring about a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment