Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Monday, January 16, 2012

Last test!

Today I had a lumbar puncture, also known as a spinal tap, to see if anything more can be done for the neuropathy in my legs. Doctors have said that it is not likely that it will, but they don't want to leave any stone unturned. We'll see. It is the second time that I have had the test (the first one was unsuccessful) and was not as painful as I have heard it can be. Had to rest 2 hours before they would release me and I need to be on the look out for cerebral headaches over the next couple days. Hopefully that will not be the case. Drinking caffeine helps. Who knew? Bring on the classic Mountain Dew! Lab results will not be known for a couple weeks as they are running a number of studies on the samples so now is the waiting time.

In the meantime I continue to enjoy life with the family. Had a great time with Terri, Elizabeth, and Andrew at the annual Cubs Convention in downtown Chicago over the weekend. With new management, it was almost like the second coming. Hopefully they will  have a better year than last year. Terri and I also planning to spend a little more time in Michigan. And we are seeing more movies than we have in the last 10 years. War Horse is a must see!

1 comment: