Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Friday, January 14, 2011

Dealing with the Pain

 Things keep changing! I was ready to blog yesterday to say that my back pain had significantly improved when a new one came along in the afternoon and hit me hard! Back spasms like a jack hammer going off in my entire back!  1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10!!!!!!  For some crazy reason, I count them when they hit and there are always about 10. I think this one is part of the regimen--a side effect of one of the most recent meds. The medication increases stem cell production which is a good thing for the harvest next week, but the side effect is bone and joint aches. UGH! Thank heavens Elizabeth helped me figure this out last night as I just thought it was the discs in my lower back acting up again. Thank heavens, too, for Tylenol Extra Strength, and another medication which have really helped to control the pain. The key is to catch the pain before it launches again--and to make sure I've allowed enough time between doses of medications. And hopefully it won't hang around too long as well--maybe just a few days! I'll keep you posted.
Terri has to flush the lines to the port on the days that home health care does not come. Here she preps for that by removing the air bubbles in the syringes. She does a great job!

Andrew arrives this afternoon. It will be great for Terri and me to have him around over the long weekend. It's been an especially long week since I can't really venture out anywhere as my cell counts are at their lowest in this whole process. Leaves me susceptible to infection. Been a long week for Terri, too, keeping an eye on me to avoid any chance for infection and fever. We're both glad that we are moving on to the next step in the treatment on Monday--the stem cell harvest. More on that to come next week!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment