Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Schedule for the Transplant

It's a new year and time for the next steps in my treatment.  A lot of you have been asking when that will be so I wanted to share it with you here. I will be checking into the hospital tomorrow (January 3) and will be there through the end of the week (January 7) for one of the last chemo treatments. The rest of the schedule will be as follows:

January 10-16   Resting at home
January 17-21   Harvesting my stem cells on an outpatient basis (usually only takes 2-3 days)
January 22-30   Resting at home
January 31        Admitted to the hospital for the last round of heavy chemo followed by the stem cell transplant
February 15      Tentative date for completion of the transplant and discharge from the hospital

These dates are somewhat tentative and changes can occur depending on what happens during the course of the treatments. I will be updating my blog to keep you informed, but please don't hesitate to be in touch through email, phone calls, notes, or visits. I enjoy hearing from you and like staying connected. Please also keep Terri and me in your thoughts and prayers. We know how powerful they can be.

Thanks to all of you for your support during this challenging time. It means so much to us.

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment