Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Sunday, November 30, 2014

A Wonderful Week

While I am still fighting my way back to normalcy with low stamina and strength, a skittish appetite, and slow weight gain, this turned out to be a very nice week. The doctor is so happy with my progress that he gave me a pass on my weekly visit. He also loosened some of my health restrictions which allowed me to really enjoy the week with my family.
Andrew and his family came down from Minnesota on Tuesday. Wednesday was a dad and kids adventure to the Chicago Children's Museum organized by son-in-law Mike with Andrew and our three oldest grandchildren--Anna, Norah, and Drew. All grandpa had to do was sit and watch them burn off the energy. What fun!
Thursday Terri put on a traditional homemade Thanksgiving dinner with all the trimmings--turkey, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallow, red cabbage, banana bread, jello salad, pumpkin pie, and a green bean casserole courtesy of Elizabeth. Even though, as I said, my appetite is skittish, I enjoyed that meal greatly. Brother John and some of his family came by later in the evening to add to the celebration. Our niece Heather brought homemade pies for us all to enjoy.
Friday was a big family wedding as nephew Dave Douglass married Emily Lagatuta in a lovely ceremony filled with beautiful music at the chapel on Elmhurst College and a delicious and enjoyable reception in Oak Park following. It was my first venture out to a special event and all went very well. I really enjoyed myself and survived all the festivities.
Andrew and family left for home on Saturday and while we were sorry to see them go, it was time for us all to rest and recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment