Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Sunday, November 2, 2014

Day 23, Some improvement

I am seeing some improvement. My biggest challenge is still fatigue. One or two small activities, be they physical or mental, are about all I can handle in a day. My appetite IS better as my taste buds seem to be distinguishing some flavors. I enjoyed banana bread and corn bread, chili and apples, and pumpkin pie for Halloween. Luckily I still don't have much of a taste for sweets, so the Halloween candy is safe.
Drew as a train engineer (his current interest)

Terri and I did get to see our grandsons in their costumes and we were glad to receive photos of our granddaughters in their costumes from Minnesota. I love the smile on each of them.  (The cold weather in both cities affected the look when they went out to trick or treat, but I am amazed at how well the costumes still looked with the addition of their outer garments.)

Zachary in his monkey suit (his pumpkin costume underneath)


Greta as a pumpkin

Anna as Rapunzel (her hair is a wig)
Norah as a strawberry


Yesterday I had the pleasure of face timing with some former co-workers at our annual/bi-annual (?) brunch. The date had been set long before my stem cell transplant, but everyone understood that I was unable to attend. They suggested that we face time instead. What fun to see them and laugh together. They also graciously invited Terri to attend even when I could not and she had a wonderful time as well. Thanks, guys, I really appreciated our time talking. 

If you are interested in chatting, face timing, or skyping for a short time please let me know and we can set up a time to talk. Releasing those endorphins while we talk will really help with my recovery and add a boost to my day.













No comments:

Post a Comment