Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Day 20, Still slow, slow, slow

Nothing much to report except that I continue to recover very slowly at home. My immune system is still significantly suppressed with the various blood counts moving up slowly or shifting back and forth. As a result, it is wise for me to remain home-bound and be careful in my contact with others. I do have a home-health nurse coming by every other day as well as a physical therapist coming twice a week. Thursday I make my weekly trip to see my oncologist downtown at Northwestern. 

The days are still long because I really have little energy or interest in doing anything other than watching old sit-coms and Westerns on TV. (And that gets old, too.)  I do try to manage a couple small tasks each day. With the beautiful weather we have been having, Terri and I also walk a short distance each day which is encouraged by my medical team as a part of my recovery. 

One of the hardest issues for me to deal with now is eating. It seems that my taste buds are still in shock from the chemotherapy. Very little sounds appealing or tastes good. I do try to eat 3 small meals each day. I was surprised this morning when we had rice pancakes and they actually tasted quite good. Let's hope my palate will expand as the days go by.  

Thank you for your prayers and good wishes. Please continue to pray that my recovery goes smoothly and that my stem cell transplant is a success. That won't be known until December. 

No comments:

Post a Comment