Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Finally--The Results

I was finally able to see my oncologist last week to receive the test results from my stem cell transplant. They show a "very good near remission" which, while not perfect, is certainly good news. It means that most of the disease was eradicated by the transplant but that there are still traces of it in various bones. He is confident that a monthly chemotherapy infusion and a daily oral pill will control the disease and possibly improve my condition. We will continue to pray for that outcome and ask that you do too.

Overall I am feeling good and glad that I will only need to go down to the clinic once a month rather than on a more frequent basis. It will finally give me the opportunity to fill my time with more interesting things to do. Since Terri and I had not been to our cottage at the lake since September, we were very happy to go last weekend for a restful time--to have dinner and brunch with friends and to see all of our friends at Harbert Community Church. What a wonderful community of believers--as are those of you who have been hoping and praying for us during this challenging time in our lives. Thank you so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment