Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Friday, December 24, 2010

Getting Ready for Christmas!

Spending a couple days at our stuga (Swedish for "little home") in Michigan, relaxing and finishing up the last of our Christmas preparations. As you can see, Terri is really into baking cookies and I am her first assistant. We baked up a number of our favorites, including Swedish pepparkokar and gingerbread boys. We did a little hiking, too. We'll spend Christmas Eve up here, attending services at our local church, before heading back in to the city on Christmas Day for the Douglass Family party at my sister's home. That should be quite an old-fashioned fun-filled Christmas celebration! Anna and her family will come in on the 26th to spend a couple days with Grandmor and Grandpa Bob, Auntie Liz and Uncle Mike. What fun that will be!
Once around the pond

Out for a walk
Unfortunately, my back pain returned about 2 weeks ago. It has been most challenging when I get up in the morning which takes a fair amount of time and something I cannot do by myself. Quite frustrating! Doctors have adjusted my pain meds to deal with the pain which is their main concern rather than the source, but it remains a challenge for me. Hopefully it will clear up once I begin the transplant prep which will start on January 3.

In the meantime, we look forward to a very joyous Christmas and wish for you the happiest of holidays! Keep in touch!

1 comment:

  1. you guys are so cute! Glad you had such a nice time at the Stuga!

    ReplyDelete