Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Saturday, December 4, 2010

A Powerful Piece

If you haven't had a chance to view the Today show interview with Kathy Giusti, the founder of the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation (MMRF), I encourage you to do so right away. Kathy is an amazing woman, a multiple myeloma survivor, who spearheaded an effort to take the disease from a rare and relatively unknown cancer 10 years ago to one that today is at the forefront of cutting edge technology and treatment. As part of that journey, she raised over $150 million dollars to fund the research. It truly is a riveting story and I am so thankful that I will directly benefit from her efforts.

As my cousin wrote to me immediately after seeing the segment, "Just finished watching the Today show and wanted to tell you how wonderful it was to watch this segment on MM. An absolutely powerful, uplifting and positive message from a wonderful and courageous lady. It gives others hope and encouragement that someday there will be a cure but in the meantime, they are progressing with positive results."

Here is the link to the video which I will also post with the links at the bottom of the blog.


I'd be very interested in your reaction to Kathy's story, so, if you'd like, please post your comments here.

No comments:

Post a Comment