Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Thursday, May 25, 2017

A Quick Update

Monday, May 22, I had an early morning visit to the doctor and had the picc line removed. Hooray! No need for additional blood draws from home health care. My immune system is recovering sufficiently. We also discussed next steps which include:
May 31--A short infusion (3 hours) at the clinic to boost my immune system.
June 12--Reimaging of my entire body to determine the success of the 2 18-day treatments.

So it's MORE time of sitting on pins and needles (or walking the tightrope) until Terri and I know where I stand. Overall, I feel good except for the fatigue, so I am taking that as a positive sign. Please pray with us that it is so.
 
Monday was ALSO our 41st wedding anniversary so we had the opportunity to go out to brunch downtown. Back home our kids surprised us with the delivery of a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Terri and I celebrated again later in the day with dinner at Hackney's, a long-time favorite in Glenview. We ordered a small brick of onion rings. I had split pea soup, French fried shrimp, homemade fries, and coleslaw. We split homemade peach pie a la mode. It was all delicious. Ambitious on my part, but it was our anniversary! I was able to eat it ALL with no ill effects of any kind. Hallelujah!

Heading to Michigan for Memorial Day weekend. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Bob,
    I had NO idea you were going through this procedure again As always, my thoughts and prayers are with both you and Terri
    XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete