Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Thursday, April 28, 2011

Busy! Busy! Busy!

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond but Terri and I have been incredibly busy since I got home from the Rehabilitation Institute last Friday. It is amazing how much time it takes to do simple tasks, such as brushing my teeth and getting dressed, when using a wheelchair or a walker. I also have outpatient physical and occupational therapy all day 3 days a week. How exhausting! When I came home from the institute I was able to walk short distances with the aid of braces and a walker. Now I am pushing to be able to reach my long-term goal of walking on the beach unaided before summer ends.

Had a wonderful Easter weekend with all of the family here. In fact, Andrew, Katie, and little Anna, who is 10 months old, arrived about 15 minutes after Terri and I arrived home from the institute on Good Friday. What a great way to celebrate my homecoming after 11 weeks in the hospital . The picture shows me enjoying Easter dinner prepared by Terri and my son-in-law Michael, the first delicious meal I had eaten in quite some time. 

My journey so far has been quite miraculous. Please pray that it continues to be so and that my feet completely heal. 

Peace.

What a wonderful meal for Easter after 11 weeks of hospital food!

No comments:

Post a Comment