Christmas 2016

Christmas 2016
Celebrating Christmas at Grandmor & Grandpa Bob's

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The First Outing

I came home last night and I was so exhausted from our day activities that I was unable to blog! You must then realize it was a BIG day. Bob had to sleep well last night!

Bob continued with his fantastic PT progress. I think he accomplished more than his PT had even planned for him to do at his session. First he walked 400 steps with only two rests and then he worked on the parallel bars to improve strength in his thighs and finally he practiced walking up and down one step.

There aren't as many therapies on Saturday and Sunday so we requested a pass to go outside. This would be Bob's first time outside since January 31. We were both very excited. We took care of all of the paperwork and headed down Superior towards Lake Shore Drive. I was in control. Pushing the wheelchair was a new experience for me and watching for handicap accessibility kept me on my toes. Of course Bob helped too. We went to a park for a bit and then to an indoor mall where there is a lovely Treasure Island. Bob thought the deli looked exceptionally good so we purchased a side of Spanish corn relish, some Cheetos and a cranberry juice. We left the mall and found a bench right off Lake Shore Drive and Bob enjoyed his treats. From there we walked up Erie to the Corner Bakery 'cause we wanted to check out their menu for dinner. I would go back there later and pick something up.

Our outing was great! I did have a couple wheelchair problems at curbs that weren't that smooth but both times someone was there to quickly offer a hand. People are good!

We had a great time today and are so appreciative of all of God's blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment